Text and photo by Prime Sarmiento
If you've been reading this blog for quite some time, you'll know that I've been busy writing a book on how to have a a career break in order to travel. Well, I finished the first draft, it was reviewed and edited by my indie publisher and then returned to me. I'm now writing the second – and hopefully the last – draft here in Hanoi. I just hope to finish this in between yoga sessions and sightseeing in this beautiful city.
In the meantime, as I work on on my second draft, I'd like to share with you another freebie which will help you plan career break – an audio interview with career breaker slash career changer slash solo female traveler slash author Cara Lopez Lee.
The Denver-based Cara created Girls Trek Too, a blog and workshop devoted to inspiring women to approach life as an adventure. She authored a travel memoir and is now working on a historical novel.
In this exhaustive hour-long interview Cara and I discussed the following:
*The travels and travails of a solo female traveler
* Lessons she learned from her journeys around the world
* How she prepared for her career break and designed her RTW itinerary
*How she used her career sabbatical to transition from a broadcast journalism career to a new career as a novelist, writing coach and editor.
If you are keen on career break, you can download this audio and receive regular updates about my upcoming book by doing the following:
1. Fill up this survey and remember to leave your e-mail address.
2. Send an e-mail to primeandn[email protected] to inform me that you already filled up the survey
3. After I get the e-mail, I will send you an audio file. Give me two to three days to process this.
Thanks and enjoy your journeys!
Credits for the audio interview:
Intro Song Title: Ready to Go
Artist: Julie Delpy
Ending Song Title: All I Need